Why perform needless, costly analysis of your metals when all you really need is a quick sort?
Sort metals mix-ups reliably with The Prospector. Thermo-Electric Alloy Sorter (TEAS) is the most efficient and inexpensive method for sorting various alloys, such as stainless steels, titanium, aluminum, and more. Each test takes only one second. Get rapid testing results in your own facility; no need to involve outside labs. Across many industries, quality experts rely on Thermoelectric Sorters for various applications, including metal inspection, quality control, scrap-sorting, maintenance, and metal equipment repair. Use The Prospector to inspect incoming stock, classify unmarked alloys, recycle scrap metal, and detect coatings and plating (plasma) on various metal types.
- Sort these metals: Stainless Steels, Tool Steels, Low Alloy Steels, Common Steels, Super Alloys, Specialty Steels, Aluminum, Titanium, and more.
- Detect coatings and platings (plasma) on conductive and nonconductive alloys
- Legacy for the old Acromag Model 1101-C Thermoelectric Metal Tester
- Classify unmarked alloys, test for alloy grade
- Verify alloy types in engines, pipes, tanks, wires, and parts. Any size, any shape.
- Check material type for critical weld areas
- Now includes an accessory for the verification of cylindrical and ball bearings
- Inspect incoming stock on the loading dock
- Quality Control for outgoing parts to meet customer's requirements
- Reclaim valuable scrap metal
- A valuable tool for the segregation and identification of materials as part of ISO certification program
- Heavy Duty BNC Connectors
- Protective instrument carry case
- Easy to use, no specialized training necessary
- Fast, efficient, and low-cost
- NIST Traceable certificate of calibration
- Non-destructive testing
- Includes a calibration standard
- No isotopes! No X-ray! No Radiation Safety Officers! and no special operator training!
- PLC compatible with data logging and automation applications
THERMOELECTRIC ALLOY SORTER DETAILS:
The testing procedure is so simple
- Flip the power switch to ON, warming up the Prospector's probe.
- Attach the grounding clip to the test metal.
- Touch the heated probe to the test metal for one second.
- See the displayed number. Compare readings to the known sample or the provided chart. If the readings of your two samples have greater than a ten-point spread, The Prospector (TEAS) is the ideal instrument for your application. It's that simple.
PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION:
The Prospector utilizes a very similar principle to that of an ordinary thermocouple. The test process involves the direct conversion of temperature differences of a specimen into an electrical signal (a scientific phenomenon known as the Seebeck Effect). This method is known as thermoelectric alloy sorting. A temperature-regulated metal probe makes contact with the test metal, forming a thermocouple type circuit and generating a very small micro-voltage. The micro-voltage varies depending on the composition of the metal and can be consistently correlated. This thermal property can be used to characterize most metals. Thermoelectric alloy sorting is a widely known and ASTM-approved method (ASTM E977) for metal classification and verification. Top fabricators, pharmaceutical OEM, and aerospace industries around the world have chosen Koslow Scientific for over 50 years. Koslow has provided the industry's best Thermo-electric Alloy Sorter and lowest-cost alloy identification instruments. We understand metal sorting. To find out how the Prospector can work for your application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201.541.9100. An application specialist can advise you.
Your critical alloy samples can be tested free of charge at our facility to confirm if The Prospector is the right machine for your application. Find out why Koslow Scientific Company is the value leader in alloy identification.
The New Prospector TE-3000-HD Instruction Manual
List of Alloys Sorted with the TE-3000
The Metal Standards Collection is an excellent sorting companion
The Thermoelectric Effect (wiki)
Thermo Electric Alloy Sorter TE-3000 Instruction Manual
Companies that have purchased Koslow Scientific Company products include Rolls Royce, General Electric, Rosemount, Allegheny Bradford Corp., Swagelok, Honeywell, Emerson Electric, Flowserve, Siemens, Westinghouse, Watlow, Praxair, Pratt & Whitney, Jabil, Arconic, and Omega.
The Heavy Copper Block Accessory Demo