When you specify 316 stainless steel, and you pay for 316 stainless steel; how do you know you really have 316 stainless steel? Mixing this desirable material with common 304 can result in a variety of nasty problems.
This kit is to verify stainless steel 316: tanks, pipes, welds, wire, castings, and more. The 316 ID Kit is a rapid color spot test kit to identify alloy content.
- Stainless Steel 304 vs. 316 ID “The Moly Test”
- Verify 316: tanks, pipes, welds, wire, castings, and more
- This kit has been sold to industry for over 50 years
- Detect molybdenum in Stainless as well as Hastelloy, Inconel, and Chrome-Moly Steels
- 304 or 316 sorting Quality control and inspection tool
Our simple, easy-to-use test kit is ideal for identifying SS 316. Save time and outside lab fees by doing the tests in-house at a fraction of the cost. Each testing kit enables you to test hundreds of samples.
- Very easy, no training needed
- Rapid Results 20-second molybdenum test
- Portable - uses the famous Electro-Spot Method
- NDT Non-destructive Test
- SS 316 Metal Standard included
- Durable heavy-duty design, drop resistant case
- Reliable LED indicates the current flow of the Electro-Spot Alloy Extractor
- Test any size piece of stainless - from tiny wires to huge tanks
- Safe Handling Instructions and expiration dates on Test Solution bottles
Supplier certifications and importer's promises are not enough. Testing alloy content with undeniable, foolproof, reliable kits from Koslow Scientific provides you with peace of mind. Order the 316 Stainless Steel ID Kit and test it yourself! For over 50 years companies from pharmaceutical to aerospace have relied on Koslow kits. No need for expensive XRF equipment. No need to file off samples to mail to metallurgical testing labs. A chemical spot test is a diagnostic test that is performed by the electro-spot method. Verify your stainless steel 316 incoming and outgoing stock. Use the quality testing solutions that have been ordered by engineers, fabricators, welders, and scrap metal dealers. Sensitive and interference-free chemical color tests detect the alloying components. A color develops as a result of a chemical reaction and, generally, the intensity of the color can be used to estimate the amount of alloying component present. Spot tests are more straightforward, faster, and cheaper than chemical analysis. The density of color reactions is correlated to nominal composition. This is usually sufficient for alloy identification differentiation and verification. The 1542C includes a metal sample to be used as a testing reference. Working with the 316 Stainless Steel ID Kit qualification standard will vividly demonstrate a positive result.
Compare this kit to the new Spotter 316
Also, check out the Koslow’s Stainless Steel Passivation Testers
Some customers who have enjoyed using the Stainless Steel 316 ID Kit:
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Proctor & Gamble
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Johnson & Johnson
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
"This moly test is faster, easier, cleaner, less expensive, and more reliable than any other methods to identify stainless steel 316... the world's best."
-- Ray Foley, President, Grain Metal Tech
Part Number 1542C