Mercury/ Mercurous Oxide Reference Electrode Hg/HgO Electrode is fully assembled and filled with 4.24 Molar (20% KOH)
The Hg/HgO is the best choice analytical reference for alkaline solutions.
- The Hg/HgO is the best choice reference for alkali or fluoride media
- All plastic body parts
- Our standard off-the-shelf concentration is of the electrode filling solution is 20% KOH (4.24 Molar) Potassium Hydroxide
- The Mercury Oxide Reference Electrode is ideal for battery development, energy systems research and development, process control, electro-analytical studies, measure half-cell potentials, titration and many other electrochemical measurements.
- * (NaOH) Sodium Hydroxide electrolyte is also available
- Electrode potential is stable and recovers quickly from small temperature excursions.
- Porous junction tip is made with electroporous plastic- Low noise, low impedance; Prime ion transfer and is replaceable when damaged or contaminated.
Packaged with care in a handy storage carton and includes instructions with SDS.Traceable ID tags on the lead wire
Electrode Potential comparison Chart
The standard electrode potential of the Mercury/Mercury Oxide half-cell is +0.098 volts vs. the normal hydrogen electrode (NHE) in basic solution. The standard electrode potential of the Mercury/Mercury Oxide half-cell is +0.098 volts vs. the normal hydrogen electrode (NHE) in basic solution. The standard concentration of the electrode filling solution is 20% (4.24 Molar) Potassium Hydroxide (KOH). The electrode can be ordered in any concentration of Potassium Hydroxide; this should be as close to that of the test medium as possible to minimize junction effects.Electrode potential is stable to plus or minus one millivolt and recovers quickly from small temperature excursions (about 125 degrees C).