"The Cro-Moly Steel Test"
When inspecting automotive components, how do you know if it contains chromium and molybdenum?
The Hot Rod Inspection Kit's use is to verify chromium and molybdenum content in parts such as tanks, pipes, welds, wire, castings, and more. It utilizes a rapid color spot test kit to identify the metal's contents.
- Stainless Steel 304 vs. 316 ID "The Moly Test"
- Verify tanks, pipes, welds, wire, castings, and more
- This kit has been sold to the industry for over 50 years
- Detect molybdenum and chrome in Stainless as well as Hastelloy, Inconel, and Chrome-Moly Steels
- 304 or 316 sorting Quality control and inspection tool
Our simple, easy-to-use test kit is ideal for identifying chrome and moly. Save time and outside lab fees by doing the tests in-house at a fraction of the cost. Each testing kit enables you to test hundreds of samples.
- Very easy, no training needed
- Rapid Results
- Portable - uses the famous Electro-Spot Method
- NDT Non-destructive Test
- SS 316 Metal Standard included
- Durable, heavy-duty design, drop-resistant case
- Reliable LED indicates the current flow of the Electro-Spot Alloy Extractor.
- Test any size piece of stainless - from tiny wires to huge tanks
- Safe Handling Instructions and expiration dates on Test Solution Bottles
Supplier certifications and importer's promises are not enough. Testing alloy content with undeniable, foolproof, reliable kits from Koslow Scientific provides peace of mind. Order the Hot Rod Inspection Kit and test it yourself! For over 50 years, automotive and aerospace companies have relied on Koslow kits. There is no need for expensive XRF equipment. No need to file off samples to mail to metallurgical testing labs. A chemical spot test is a diagnostic test performed by the electro-spot method. Verify for chrome and moly exhaust systems. Use the quality testing solutions ordered by engineers, fabricators, welders, and scrap yard dealers. Sensitive and interference-free chemical color tests detect the alloying components. A color develops as a result of a chemical reaction, and generally, the intensity of the color can be used to estimate the amount of alloying component present. Spot tests are more straightforward, faster, and cheaper than chemical analysis. The density of color reactions is correlated to nominal composition. This is usually sufficient for alloy identification differentiation and verification. The Hot Rod Kit includes a metal sample to be used as a testing reference. Working with the 316 Stainless Steel ID Kit qualification standard will vividly demonstrate a positive result.
Some customers who have enjoyed using the Hot Rod Inspection Kit:
- Factory Four Speed Co.
- Whirlwind Cars Inc.
- Mirage Motors
- Quicksilver Motors
- Zephyr Auto Group
- and More
"This kit is easier and cheaper than any other methods... the best."
-- Lucy Tulip, President, Quicksilver Motors
Part Number 1566