The Metal Coatings ID Lab (1598) is an ideal quality control tool for checking production or inventory material.
Since the ElectroSpot test method leaves no permanent blemish on the surface, it can be used for the incoming inspection of metal-coated items and for testing finished parts prior to shipment. Other typical applications include the verification of zinc and cadmium coatings and the detection of uncoated steel.
Identify Platings of Zinc, Cadmium, Tin, Gold, Silver, Nickel, Copper, Chromium, Uncoated Steel
- Fast - Average test takes 30 seconds.
- Easy - No training necessary
- Inexpensive - Pennies per test
- Non-destructive - No need to cut off a sample piece
- Portable - Use in the plant or field
- Check foreign products for alloy content.
Part No. 1598