• Stainless Steels; 200, 300 and 400 Series
• SS316 vs. 304 Stainless Steel with the "Moly Test"
• Common Steels & Nickel Alloys such as Monel, Inconel and Hastelloys
• Tool Steels
• Sulfurized Steels
• Low Alloy Steels
• Inspect tanks, pipes, raw stock, finished parts and more! Features:
• QC inspection approved
• Portable -uses the popular Electro-Spot Method
• Easy; and only 15 seconds per test.
• Non-destructive NDT
• Most Economical Choice
• Metal Test Kit supplies for 700 tests!
Is this the Stainless Steel or Tool Steel that it's supposed to be? Can I conduct the same quality assurance inspections that my customers use? Can I assume my imported SS 304 are what they claim to be? Is my Low Alloy stock labeled correctly? Inspect it yourself! Maintaining the quality your customers demand doesn't require a fancy or expensive program. Use the spot test kits that have been specified by major companies worldwide to inspect your incoming and outgoing parts and materials. Pharmaceutical & food, aerospace, marine and medical industries all rely on KOSLOW kits for fast, conclusive results.
How can alloy inspection be so easy? Color spot tests isolate and identify the single distinguishing element that separates the alloy you want from the one you don't. No need to file off samples and mail to a lab. You don't need to be a metallurgist to identify: Molybdenum, Chromium, Nickel, Copper, Iron, Sulfur, Cobalt, Tungsten, Manganese, Magnesium, Vanadium, Niobium and Tantalum. All these test are easily detectable in the Steel Alloy Testing Pro. It's simple. First check the chart of alloy compositions. Then consult the instruction manual for ElectroSpot II procedure. Finally look for a color test spot revealing the element. You've answered your alloy concerns with confidence; and at a low cost without the use of isotopes and x-rays.
Here are a few popular applications of the 1599:
* Sort 316 stainless from 304 with just a simple test for moly (molybdenum)
* Pull stock rod SS400 from a pile of SS300 with a one minute test for nickel.
* Verify an alloy such as Monel by getting a positive test for nickel and copper.
* Eliminate SS 200 series from materials specified as 304
201, 202, 205, 303, (302, 304), (309, 310), (316, 317), 316L, 321, 347, (414, 431), (400 Series), (Monel), (Nickel Silvers), Inconel 600, Inconel 625, Inconel 750, Incoloy 825, Carpenter 20Cb3, (Incoloy 800 Series), Crucible 26-1, Hastelloy B, Hastelloy C, 4340, Hastelloy X Stellite Haynes 25, Multimet, 1020, 1040, (4130, 4140), 8620, 6150, 5160, (1100 Series Steels), 1200 Series Steels), D2, A2, A6, O2, L6
The kit includes an excellent variable current source, the ElectroSpot II. It features a built in auto-timer, the only one of its kind, helpful for differentiating similar alloys by keeping accurate sampling times. Very sensitive testing solutions. Finally, the kit is neatly packaged in a durable heavy duty, shock resistant carrying case.
Accessorize your Steel Alloy Testing Pro
by working side by side with the Metal Samples Collection No.1900
. This set of 24 coupon samples is an excellent tool for running spot tests
on unmarked, unfamiliar metals. Most of the alloys in the Metal Samples collection can be identified by the Pro Kit. For one second classification of metals learn more about the Thermoelectric Alloy Sorter TE-3000.
• Demo The ElectroSpot Method
• The Metal Samples Collection
• The Select-A-Kit Guide
• click here to download the manual